Where does our milk come from?
Just down the street from the CALS Dairy Barn where cows are milked daily! We also source from local dairies in addition to CALS.
What is milk?
- Milk contains 87.5% water, 3.9% milk fat, 3.4% protein, 4.8% lactose, 0.8% minerals
- Milk is chock full of nutrients to help your body. These nutrients include:
- Calcium – Gives you strong bones and teeth. Calcium also aids in clotting your blood.
- Vitamin D – Helps your bones absorb calcium better.
- Protein – Assists in building and repairing your muscles. It also gives you an energy enhancement during a cardio workout.
- Potassium – Your body loses vital nutrients when you sweat, potassium helps regulate the balance of fluids in your body and helps your muscles effectively contract and relax.
- Vitamin B-12 – Builds red blood cells that carry oxygen from the lungs to working muscles.
- Vitamin A – Essential to maintain normal vision and skin.
- Riboflavin – Converts your food into energy, important for exercising muscles.