Is Babcock’s pepper jack your favorite? Try these muffins for a tasty snack. Makes 12.
Red Pepper Butter:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and divided
2 cups biscuit mix
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin pepper jack cheese, shredded and divided
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
METHOD for muffins:
1. Dice the slices of bacon and cook in a pan over a medium heat until crisp.
2. Once cool, cut remaining bacon strip into squares. Set aside to cool.
3. In medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, diced bacon and 1 1/3 cups pepper jack.
4. Add milk, melted butter and egg; stir just until moistened. Scoop batter into 12 muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the muffins.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and serve with red pepper butter.
METHOD butter puree:
1. Puree butter, red pepper and garlic powder in food processor or blender; set aside.
Source and photo credit to Eat Wisconsin CheeseThis article was posted in Recipes.